At New Horizons For Children (NHFC) Ukraine, we believe every child deserves to be loved and to have their needs met in a safe, caring, and supportive environment.
With the current war, preserving the safety and well-being of Ukraine’s most vulnerable children is more urgent than ever.
Since February 2022, NHFC Ukraine has worked alongside the Lviv Regional Military Administration to provide safe shelter and care for the hundreds of orphaned children and their caregivers who have relocated to western Ukraine.
Based in Lviv, the mission of NHFC Ukraine is to:
- Provide safe shelter and care close to the border for orphaned and vulnerable children while Ukraine resolves the war and develops its system of foster care
- Focus on the development of the whole child, considering their educational, spiritual, emotional, physical, and social needs
- Build a team of caregivers, teachers, and staff who are trained in trauma-informed practices and understand the unique needs of children living with complex trauma
- Bring hope and purpose into each individual child’s life, affirming their value
- Partner with local government officials, NGOs, and other organizations to expand opportunities and services for the children in a supportive environment